Kick It Out is seeking to recruit a Chair and individual members for each of its new Guidance Groups, to advise and support the campaign’s strategies, objectives and actions. Kick It Out is also seeking an Independent Trustee to join its Board of Trustees, read more here.
Members will assist in embedding equality practices and processes across all areas of the game, will have an excellent understanding of the game and will act as a consultative group to Kick It Out.
The Professional Game Guidance Group will:
- Advise Kick It Out on engaging with professional football clubs and fans more effectively
- Share best practice examples and case studies of equality events and initiatives at professional clubs
- Encourage participation amongst individual fans and fans' groups
- Provide guidance and updates to changes in equality legislation that may affect the running of a professional club
The Professional Players Guidance Group will:
- Advise Kick It Out on engaging with professional players more effectively on equality and diversity issues
- Showcase examples of good practice and share this with relevant stakeholders
- Assist both current and former professional players to network and share contacts, and pass on advice, specifically around dealing with discrimination and pursuing career opportunities within the game
- Help Kick It Out build confidence with players in reporting structures to address continued discrimination in the game
- Provide a platform for Kick It Out’s work programme and strategy to achieve maximum impact through group members networks and support
The Grassroots Guidance Group will:
- Advise Kick It Out on engaging with the grassroots game and diverse communities more effectively
- Advise and support Kick It Out to develop a robust and measurable grassroots and community engagement action plan
- Share best practice and bring to the group experience and networks to enhance current projects and initiatives
- Play an active role in Kick It Out initiatives to widen their impact and coverage
The groups will meet when appropriate to oversee specific projects and matters that arise within the game, but no more frequently than quarterly.
Please click on the links below to find role descriptions for the Chair and member positions within each of the three groups:
- Chair/Member role description for Professional Game Guidance Group
- Chair/Member role description for Professional Players Guidance Group
- Chair/Member role description for Grassroots Guidance Group
The applications process will close at 5pm on Wednesday 3rd April 2013. If you are interested in becoming Chair or member of one of the above groups then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and/or relevant experience.