The team behind Non-League Day (Saturday 7th Sep) are on the lookout for fans who want to help make NLD 2013 as big a success as its predecessors and they have a few ideas for how you can help. Find out more from NLD's Mike Bayly...
Our single biggest challenge at present is getting the message out about Non-League Day. Many supporters are still totally oblivious to the event, despite the increased coverage we are receiving.
Below is a list of ideas which would really assist in spreading the word around the country:
- Download our poster from Dropbox here and get supporters to tweet/post photos of them holding it. You can also download web banners from this link;
- Contact local papers to help spread the word;
- Organise a supporters' match at a local fixture on the day. Looking at NLD's match locator there will be plenty of games on in your area. Obviously this requires buy in from the non-league club in question, but I'm sure if they knew a large group of supporters were coming down on the day, they would welcome you with open arms;
- Pick a local match (or matches) and mobilise fans to attend. What better way to spend an afternoon than having a drink on the terraces with your mates supporting a local cause;
- Do a sponsored walk to a local match for charity. A win-win situation for everyone;
- Get your club to put something in their programme or on their website. We could help knock an article up if needs be;
- Buy a Non-League Day t-shirt to help spread the word. 15% of sales go to the Free Kicks charity which helps bereaved or disadvantaged kids. Just to add, we don't make any money from this. NLD is a volunteer run, not-for-profit campaign.
This is just off the top of my head and I'm sure there are plenty of other ideas to be explored. If you'd like to get involved, or have other ideas, please get in touch. We'd be happy to hear from you.