The Football Supporters’ Federation supports the work of the All Party Parliamentary Group for Football Supporters .
The cross-party group is chaired by Ian Mearns MP (Labour), a season ticket holder at St James’ Park, and aims to strengthen the voice of football fans in Parliament. The FSF will provide secretariat duties for the group which aims "to represent the interests of match-going football fans and to support the aims and objectives of the Football Supporters' Federation".
- Last meeting: "Fans for Diversity - because football is for everyone" Wednesday 24th January 2018 (1pm-2pm) - Anwar Uddin leads the Fans for Diversity campaign which is a joint venture between the FSF and Kick it Out celebrating the diversity of football supporters and breaking down social barriers. Launched in 2014, the campaign has supported the creation of new fan groups around the country such as the Bangla Bantams, Pride in Football and Punjabi Rams. The event officially launched a 22-page report and we heard from Anwar and representatives of the groups that have blazed a trail across the country. Find out more via Fans for Diversity takes a trip to Parliament.
- Next meeting: TBC - Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Chair: Ian Mearns MP (Labour)
- Vice Chair: Ian Blackford MP (Scottish National Party)
- Vice Chair: Damian Collins MP (Conservative)
- Secretary: Gavin Newlands MP (Scottish National Party)
- Treasurer: Jo Stevens MP (Labour)
Other group members:
- Alan Brown MP (Scottish National Party)
- Bill Esterson MP (Labour)
- Chi Onwurah MP (Labour)
- Chris Matheson MP (Labour)
- Clive Betts MP (Labour)
- Clive Efford MP (Labour)
- Chris Green (Conservative)
- Chris Stephens (Scottish National Party)
- Damian Green MP (Conservative)
- Dan Carden MP (Labour)
- Dawn Butler MP (Labour)
- Gareth Thomas MP (Labour)
- Gordon Marsden MP (Labour)
- Graham Jones MP (Labour)
- Grahame Morris MP (Labour)
- Ian Lucas MP (Labour)
- Ian Murray MP (Labour)
- Jeff Smith MP (Labour)
- Jim Fitzpatrick MP (Labour)
- Jonathan Reynolds MP (Labour)
- Justin Madders MP (Labour)
- Justin Tomlinson (Conservative)
- Laura Pidcock (Labour)
- Lord Pendry (Labour)
- Lord Collins (Labour)
- Mark Menzies (Conservative)
- Matt Western (Labour)
- Mike Gapes (Labour)
- Rosie Cooper MP (Labour)
- Paul Williams MP (Labour)
- Sharon Hodgson MP (Labour)
- Stephen Hepburn (Labour)
- Toby Perkins (Labour)
- Tom Elliot MP (Ulster Unionist Party)
If you have any further queries, or you are an MP who would like to join the group, email email@example.com - please use the header "APPG".
Thanks to Robert Sharpe for the image used in this article. Reproduced here under CC licence.