On Thursday 22nd November 2018 supporters met in central London to finalise the merger of the Football Supporters’ Federation and Supporters Direct into one unified organisation at an Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM).
A new chair, vice chair, National Council, and Board was elected and Kevin Miles has been appointed as the organisation’s new chief executive.
The new organisation’s structure features a National Council which embeds within it fan representatives from clubs at Premier League, Championship, League One and League Two, and National Game (non-league) level.
Six individual fans were also elected and, in addition to this, supporter-owned clubs have their own specially-assigned representatives as does Fans for Diversity.
The newly-elected National Council representatives are:
- Chair - Malcolm Clarke
- Vice chair - Tom Greatrex
- Premier League - Katrina Law (Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust), Dave Pennington (Manchester United Supporters' Trust) and Dave Kelly (The Blue Union).
- Championship - Geoff Bielby (Hull City Supporters' Trust), Rick Duniec (Leeds United Supporters' Trust), and Teddy Bellamy (Millwall Supporters' Club).
- EFL 1 & EFL 2 - Antony Wilkinson (Blackpool Supporters’ Trust) and Roger Ellis (Sky Blue Trust).
- National Game - Rob Street (Billericay Town Supporters Society), Richard Tomkins (Hereford United), Simon Cope (Scarborough Athletic).
- Supporter-owned clubs - Neil Le Milliere (Exeter City Supporters' Trust), Tim Hillyer (Dons Trust), Nick Duckett (FC United of Manchester).
- Fans for Diversity - on the 15th November they elected the following supporters to represent them on the National Council: Chris Paouros (Proud Lilywhites), Malcolm Hirst (Port Vale Supporters' Club) and Shin Aujla (Apna Albion).
- Associate organisations - Ally Simcock (Pint of Vale), David Michael (My Old Man Said), and Dave Tomlinson (Sandbach Travelling Alex).
- Individual representatives - Christine Seddon, Fiona McGee, Kristine Green, Martin O'Hara, Peter Daykin, and Steve Powell.
Both the EFL 1 & EFL 2, National Game, and supporter-owned club networks are entitled to three elected representatives, with the responsibilty now with those networks to fill the remaining spaces.
In addition the new organisation elected a Board made up of three members appointed from the previous Interim Board, six members elected from the new National Council, as well as the new chair and vice chair.
The Board: Ally Simcock, Chris Paouros, Dave Pennington, Fiona McGee, Malcolm Clarke, Martin O'Hara, Peter Daykin, Roger Ellis, Tim Hartley, Tim Hillyer, and Tom Greatrex.
Mission statement: The Football Supporters' Federation and Supporters Direct - together the Unified Football Supporters’ Organisation - is an inclusive, independent, democratic organisation working with supporters, governing bodies, leagues and clubs to drive positive change in football through supporter engagement at every level of the game. We nurture and develop supporter networks at local, national and international levels, working with supporters’ trusts, clubs and individuals to initiate and support campaigns on issues of concern to football supporters, encouraging good governance, supporter representation on club boards, community-ownership and sustainable stewardship of football clubs. A commitment to diversity underpins all of our activity and we oppose all forms of discrimination or violence in relation to football.
You can download the constitution here.
- Contact the FSF via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0330 44 000 44.